Staff information, stats, kick-off time forward of the Champions League quarter-final second leg between Liverpool and Actual Madrid on Wednesday.
Liverpool ought to have midfielder Curtis Jones again for Wednesday’s crunch Champions League quarter-final second leg with Actual Madrid.
Jones missed Saturday’s Premier League victory over Aston Villa with a muscular pressure however is anticipated to return to the Liverpool squad, although the sport will come too quickly for captain Jordan Henderson.
Lengthy-term absentees Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip stay out, that means the inexperienced centre-back pairing of Ozan Kabak and Nat Phillips is more likely to be retained.
Actual Madrid have added Lucas Vazquez to their prolonged harm listing forward of Wednesday’s journey to Anfield.
The makeshift wing-back injured his knee in Saturday’s El Clasico victory over Barcelona, that means Alvaro Odriozola is ready to deputise in Vazquez’s absence.
Actual are sweating on the health of ahead Federico Valverde after bruising his foot although he’s anticipated to get better, however the identical can’t be stated for Eden Hazard, Sergio Ramos, Raphael Varane or Dani Carvajal.
Liverpool supervisor Jurgen Klopp insists his facet can’t take one other Champions League comeback with no consideration as they give the impression of being to overturn a two-goal deficit towards Actual Madrid.
Wednesday’s match takes place 5 years to the day since they pulled off an added-time victory to beat Klopp’s former facet Borussia Dortmund in a Europa League quarter-final second leg, having been 4-2 down on combination with 24 minutes to go. Regardless of the spectacular report of comebacks, nonetheless, Klopp sounded a be aware of warning.
“You can’t take it with no consideration. You by no means may and also you by no means ought to,” he stated.
“You do not get a comeback since you had one prior to now. You solely have an opportunity if you happen to play actually good soccer within the current and that is what we have now to do.
“The perfect state of affairs can be that you just did not want a comeback. That is not value speaking about now.”
Robertson: Liverpool want near-perfect efficiency
Liverpool defender Andy Robertson insists the gamers are decided to extend their Champions League season regardless of few folks giving them an opportunity of creating the semi-finals after their woeful first-leg efficiency towards Actual Madrid.
Jurgen Klopp’s facet path 3-1 heading into the second leg at Anfield, which devoid of followers will be unable to supply the backdrop for an additional potential comeback just like the one famously usual towards Barcelona two years in the past.
Robertson believes the duty that awaits them on Wednesday is the same as that which confronted them after dropping 3-0 to Lionel Messi-inspired opponents within the Nou Camp, when supporters performed their half within the 4-0 residence win.
“They’re each as laborious, and are totally different however similar in their very own means,” stated the Scotland captain. “Barcelona that evening was clearly an unimaginable evening and would not have been attainable with out followers in there.
“The followers made us really feel 10 ft tall and imagine much more. We felt earlier than that sport we may overturn it. It is a massive activity for us and is not the identical because the Barcelona sport. We won’t depend on the actual fact we got here again in that sport that we’re going to come again on this one.
“Folks have possibly written us off, however we imagine we will put in a greater efficiency than final week and that is the one strategy to give us a combating likelihood. We imagine we will win the sport. If we do this it provides us a combating likelihood; let’s have a look at if it is sufficient on the evening. Fingers crossed it will likely be.”
The right way to observe
Comply with Liverpool vs Actual Madrid by way of our devoted reside weblog on Sky Sports activities web site and app on Tuesday; kick-off at 8pm.
- After successful their first three conferences with Actual Madrid in European competitors, Liverpool have misplaced every of their final 4 towards the Spanish giants – towards no facet have they misplaced extra (additionally 4 vs Benfica).
- This shall be Actual Madrid’s third go to to Anfield to face Liverpool in European competitors – they misplaced 0-4 in March 2009 and received 3-0 in October 2014 (each in UEFA Champions League).
- 5 of Liverpool’s 11 residence defeats within the UEFA Champions League have come towards Spanish opposition, whereas Actual Madrid may develop into simply the second facet to win away towards the Reds twice within the competitors, after Barcelona.
- Actual Madrid have scored in every of their final 23 UEFA Champions League knockout stage matches since a goalless draw with Manchester Metropolis within the 2015-16 semi-final (50 targets).
- Vinícius Júnior scored twice for Actual Madrid within the first leg towards Liverpool, as many targets as he’d netted in his first 17 appearances within the UEFA Champions League.
- Mohamed Salah has scored in every of his final 4 UEFA Champions League appearances – the one Liverpool participant to attain in 5 consecutive European Cup/Champions League video games is Steven Gerrard, who did so within the 2007-08 marketing campaign.