Workforce information, stats and prediction forward of Southampton vs Fulham within the Premier League on Saturday, stay on Sky Sports activities (kick-off 3pm).
Southampton have a doubt over defender Jan Bednarek for his or her Premier League conflict with Fulham.
The Poland centre-back was compelled off at half-time of Tuesday’s victory over Crystal Palace after taking a kick to the ankle and has not educated since.
Ryan Bertrand, who it was confirmed this week will depart the membership on the finish of the season, stays sidelined with a calf damage, together with Oriol Romeu (ankle) and Will Smallbone (knee).
Fulham may have midfielder Harrison Reed return for the journey to face his former membership on the south coast.
Reed has been again in full coaching this week after struggling an ankle damage which has stored him out of the facet since April.
Scott Parker has no new damage considerations to take care of, with Tom Cairney nonetheless not having a return date mounted and Terence Kongolo already dominated out for the season.
Tips on how to comply with
Southampton vs Fulham shall be proven stay on Sky Sports activities Premier League and Fundamental Occasion from 2.45pm; kick-off 3pm. Sky Sports activities prospects can watch in-game clips within the stay match weblog on the Sky Sports activities web site and app. Highlights may even be printed on the Sky Sports activities digital platforms and the Sky Sports activities Soccer YouTube channel shortly after the ultimate whistle.
Jones Is aware of’ prediction
Strap on these punting boots. Southampton are a superb guess right here to take all three factors.
The desk formally has Saints 13 factors higher than Fulham however the hole between them is bigger than that whenever you analyse the important thing metrics and reliability of gamers in key moments. Ralph Hasenhuttl, who must be the front-runner for the Spurs job, has a superb document at beating groups in the direction of the underside of the league together with his up-tempo fashion. Eight of Southampton’s 11 Premier League wins this season have come towards groups within the backside eight.
Fulham shall be right here for the taking.
Scott Parker, who has been linked with the Spurs job, has overseen six defeats of their final seven and their relegation was confirmed in one other limp show towards Burnley. Parker spoke of some “huge selections” being revamped the following month or two and it must be a fear that motivation inside his squad shall be low for the remaining video games, particularly with the quantity of mortgage gamers in his staff.
When Saints win, Danny Ings often scores. No participant to have scored greater than 20 targets within the final two seasons – he has scored 34 – within the Premier League has a extra lethal conversion charge than the Southampton striker – a whopping 32.08 per cent. To place that into context, Harry Kane is working at a 24 per cent charge. Ings has a degree to show forward of Gareth Southgate’s Euro 2020 squad announcement and should be backed this weekend to attain in a house win.
Final day trip…
- Southampton have misplaced simply one in all their final eight Premier League matches towards Fulham (W3 D4), a 3-2 defeat in November 2018 in Mark Hughes’ penultimate league recreation in command of the Saints.
- Fulham have solely managed one win in 30 league visits to Southampton (D8 L21), a 2-1 win within the second tier again in October 1935 with targets from Jack Finch and Bert Worsley. They’re winless in 9 top-flight visits to Saints (D4 L5).
- There has solely been one away win in 15 Premier League conferences between Southampton and Fulham, with Saints successful 3-0 at Craven Cottage underneath Mauricio Pochettino again in February 2014. Present Fulham supervisor Scott Parker began for the Cottagers within the match.
- Southampton have stored a clear sheet in six of their final seven conferences with Fulham in all competitions, with the exception being a 3-2 defeat in November 2018. Saints had stored only one clear sheet in 15 conferences with the Cottagers previous to this run.
- Fulham’s defeat at residence to Burnley final day trip confirmed their relegation from the Premier League. On the earlier two events the Cottagers have been relegated from the competitors, they’ve averted defeat of their very subsequent recreation after their relegation was confirmed, drawing 2-2 with Crystal Palace in 2013-14 and beating Everton 2-0 in 2018-19.
- Southampton have misplaced simply three of their final 43 residence Premier League matches towards sides beginning the day within the relegation zone (W29 D11), successful every of their final three such video games at St. Mary’s.
- Solely Sheffield United (20) have failed to attain in additional totally different Premier League video games than Fulham (17) this season. Nevertheless, 11 of Fulham’s 17 blanks have are available residence video games.
- Fulham have scored first in 9 away Premier League matches this season, their most ever in a single Premier League season. Nevertheless, the Cottagers have gone on to win simply 33% of these matches (W3 D5 L1).
- All three of Aleksandar Mitrovic’s Premier League targets for Fulham this season have come away from residence. Nevertheless, the Serbian has scored in simply two of his 27 league appearances this time period (2 vs Leeds, 1 vs Aston Villa), whereas the Cottagers have gained simply one of many 13 video games during which he is began in 2020-21.
- Bobby De Cordova-Reid is Fulham’s highest scorer within the Premier League this season with 5 targets, although he hasn’t scored in any of his final 12 appearances. He is the bottom outright high scorer for a membership within the Premier League this season.
Pitch to Submit Preview – FA Cup Ultimate particular: Will Chelsea or Leicester carry the trophy?
In a particular episode of the Pitch to Submit Preview Podcast we sit up for this Saturday’s FA Cup Ultimate at Wembley, the place Chelsea and Leicester will battle for the trophy in entrance of over 20,000 followers.
Peter Smith is joined by Sky Sports activities Information reporter Paul Gilmour and Sky Sports activities soccer author Ron Walker to evaluate each side on the again of their midweek outcomes, the important thing areas which is able to resolve the competition, and the way the sport will play out.
Additionally they focus on what influence FA Cup glory would have on Brendan Rodgers’ managerial profession, the significance of Jonny Evans on the coronary heart of the Leicester defence, and why former Foxes midfielder N’Golo Kante could possibly be the decisive participant on the pitch this weekend for Chelsea.